Friday, June 10, 2011

Greetings from Olathe!

My house is a DISASTER!  I should be washing dishes, cleaning up from lunch, putting away laundry, folding laundry, dusting, organizing the storage closet, deciding where all the things that I have unpacked from ten thousand boxes are going to go.......but instead I sit here at my computer, writing my first blog post from Olathe!

We moved about two weeks ago.  And the day our stuff was getting loaded into a truck, was the day we sold our house in Huxley!  What an answer to prayer!  I'm excited for the buyers and the hope they find themselves right at home in Huxley, just like we did!

Lillia is doing well!  She's busy exploring the new house, opening all the cupboards and cabinets to discover just what was put away.  Her FAVORITE thing about this move?  The neighborhood pool just down the street.  We traveled there about 3 times this week and let me tell you, this girl is a fisch!  ;)  I put her in the wagon with her floaty and whatever else we're taking with us that day and she happily rides, sporting her sunglasses, knowing exactly where we're going.  So, whenever you come visit us, be sure to bring your suit!  Lillia would love to show you the pool!

Brandon is liking his work and I am liking that fact that work is just 5-10 minutes away!  (Unlike 40 when we lived in Huxley.)  We try to work on a few house chores each night when he comes home, but mostly we just hang as a family or go on a walk in the evenings.


I miss our friends and family back "home."  I am starting to learn my way around.....especially to Super Target and to the local self-serve frozen yogurt shop (which is the best thing you can eat with a spoon!)!   I would love to have visitors....and actually have a few weekends booked already at the Fischer B&B! 


Unfortunately, I have taken about two pictures since we've moved.  So, I'll get on that!  For now, I'll leave you with the one picture I took of the house on moving day...



Once I get more things put away, etc. I will be sure to add some pictures of the new digs.....and that will require me to get up from the computer and get some work done!

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand, Kel! Being away is SO hard......I have had quite a few meltdowns this week, actually :). Excited for your new adventure, though! :) glad things are starting off well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you've joined the blogging world. Welcome! :) Looking forward to staying in touch with you this way!

    ReplyDelete