Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lawson Conry

Brandon and I rang in the New Year with quite the party!  
Somehow we even missed watching the ball drop!  
And our celebration came about two hours after the ball dropped with the birth of Lawson Conry.










Lawson Conry Fischer
Born at 2:26am on January 1, 2012
7lbs 2oz and 19 1/4 inches 

We are in LOVE!

*And a little tidbit about his name.....
We liked Lawson before we found out Lillia was a girl.  It's a name I heard when I was student teaching.  A little boy in my class had a brand new baby brother, Lawson.  So I tucked that name away in my head and forgot all about it until one day when Brandon was watching ESPN and there was a basketball player whose last name was Lawson.  Then it clicked....that was the name I really liked, but couldn't remember no matter how hard I tried!
So, when we found out this time we were having a boy....we almost didn't even need to discuss names!  We both still loved the name Lawson...now the question was what to put as a middle name.
Conrey is a family name on the Fischer side.  Brandon really liked it as a middle name, but wanted to put our own little twist on it, so we changed the spelling to Conry.
And there you have it....Lawson Conry.


8 comments:

  1. YIPPEEE!!!!! Can't wait to meet him, how EXCITING!!! Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is precious, and definitely and Fischer :) Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. And thanks for the name story. I love those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations the the Fisher's on the birth of baby Lawson...love and hugs to all, Chris & Fran White

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lawson is sooo adorable. I am glad you shared about his name. Congrats Fischer family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lawson is so sweet! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing pictures... Lilia looks like she's loving being big sister...

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! congratulations! having 2 is such a blast ;)

    ReplyDelete