Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A New Fall {Healthy} Breakfast Option!

Nothing says Fall better than pumpkin!  And this girl LOVES pumpkin!

The other day I was perusing Pinterest (during nap time mind you!) and came across a new "muffin" without any flour or sugar.  Intrigued, I decided to investigate further.  After reading the recipe it dawned on me to turn this new muffin into a pumpkin muffin.  And this morning that's just what I did.

{Healthy} Pumpkin Oat Muffins

2 1/2 c Old Fashioned Oats (not quick cooking)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of ground nutmeg and ground cloves
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c honey
2 eggs
1 banana
1c pumpkin
1c plain yogurt

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until oats are smooth
Pour into prepared muffin tins
Bake at 400 for 18-23 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean

Important: The paper liners don't work well when baking with a base that does not include flour, they always seem to stick to the paper. I sprayed the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or you can use foil cupcake liners or a silicone muffin pan.






ENJOY!  Lillia and I may or may not have eaten 3 muffins.....each!

(link to original recipe found here)

1 comment:

  1. Minus the banana, I'll be making these muffins! I think I'll use apple sauce instead of bananas. :)

    ReplyDelete