Monday, September 30, 2013

Good Bye Kansas, Hello Illinois (Part 3)

We've been in our house not quite 2 months and as of last night, every box is unpacked and put away!  After Lillia and Lawson came to join us from Omaha, the progress slowed down a bit!  We had their rooms all set up for when the arrived and they haven't really skipped a beat!  I have asked Lillia if she likes living in Illinois and she says she really likes our house, which makes me glad!

I am feeling more settled.....it helps to have all our decor up around the house and I'm no longer wondering where certain things are or if they are still packed up.  The next big thing to tackle on the to-do list is yardwork!  The landscaping is TERRIBLE and we have lots of weeds!  And once this task is complete, I will feel like we have truly made this house our own.  (Not sure if this will be on the fall list or the spring list, though!)  I wish I had my camera and could upload some pics of the rest of the house, but it got left in Ames on a recent trip, so that will have to wait.

We are getting into a fall routine and learning our way around town.  I joined a MOPS group and am looking forward to making some friendships with moms at the same life stage as me.  Lillia started swimming lessons and is getting more comfortable in the water each time she goes.  And every Thursday morning I have a mom's morning out...our new church offers this service, free of charge!  I drop off the kiddos at church and then have 2  1/2 hours all to myself!  (I usually just go back home and clean house!)  They enjoy going to class and telling me all about it when I pick them up.

 So, that about sums up the move, now that we're settled!  We love to have visitors!  So come and see us and we'll show you a good time!  We've found a great Mexican restaurant that I'm pretty sure will become our version of El Azteca!  ;)  And a nice little Thai place that is just scrumptious!  There's always something going on in town, and always fun shops to check out.  (Bonus.....we're about 25 miles from a Tanger Outlet Mall!)  So let me know when you'd like to book a room at the Fischer B&B!

No comments:

Post a Comment