Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pumpkin Oatmeal Shake

A few of you asked for the recipe, so here ya go!


Photo Credit and Original Recipe Here

Pumpkin Oatmeal Shake (adapted to my liking)
  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup ice (or more to taste)
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1-2 tsp cinammon
  • pumpkin pie spice to taste
Cook oats and water in a small pot stirring often until it becomes thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and let it cool a few minutes.

In a blender add milk, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice. Add oats and 1 cup ice. Blend on high until very smooth. I add more ice to create a little bit thicker consistency rather than pouring it over ice.  Just be sure to add a little at a time. I also add some flax meal if I have it on hand.

Enjoy!  Makes a great breakfast on the go!  Or simply a nice change from the usual.  I find it quite filling!

Just typing this out makes me want to go make another one as it really was yummy!  And I think if I had it on hand I would have topped it off with a dollop of whipped cream!  :)  What's wrong with a little indulgence?!

No comments:

Post a Comment