Thursday, January 30, 2014

Leyton Tyler Fischer

A sweet baby boy was born into our lives on January 22 at 11:09pm!  We were surprised at how quickly he came...as I was in labor less than 3 hours!  The midwife didn't even have time to get her gloves...her first bare-handed catch!  And as she said, he came down the slide too fast as he had some bruising on his face.  But that's all cleared up now and today (yesterday, since I posted this a day late) we celebrated his 1-week birthday!  :)
Leyton Tyler       6lbs 7oz       19in      11:09pm  January 22, 2014
A little about his name....we had debated a lot about continuing with the "L" theme.  We didn't plan on having all our children's names start with the same letter, it just so happened that way.  So, after much discussion, we decided that if there was a name that we really liked that started with an L then we would stick with it.  Well, it just so happened that I really like the name Leyton.  I thought it was fairly unique and just simply loved the sound of it.  In my pregnancy with Lawson, we joked that we really wanted him to come "late-in" December, as he was due January 3.  So, we (or more-so I) would call him LateIn.  Well, that name started to grow on me....and by the time Lawson was born, I tucked the name away for safe keeping should we have another boy.  Fast forward two years, and here we are, with another boy and a name that we wanted to start with L.  Bingo.  Leyton was perfect!  Although we talked about A LOT of other names that didn't start with L, I just kept coming back to Leyton.  So, it was settled.  Leyton it was.  And since I picked the first name, Brandon got to pick the second name.  (I have picked all the first names of our kids, and he has picked all the middle names!)  He's always liked the name Tyler and it went well with Leyton.  So there you have it.  And since we wanted it to be enough different from Lawson, we decided to spell it with an "E" rather than an "A".


Both big kids love him dearly and are always asking where he is, to hold him, or kiss him.  And if he makes any noise they are quick to tell me that he needs to eat!

First sponge bath

He is a perfect addition to our family!  Our hearts couldn't be more filled with joy!

The Fischer Five

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I can't wait to see him (and everyone else) in just over 24 hours!!! :)

    Aunt Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again on being a family of 5! So glad your labor went fast with no major complications. By the way, you look fabulous for just giving birth!

    ReplyDelete