Thursday, September 1, 2011

Muffins!

After a friend (Nicole Nechanicky) posted that she was making Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, that was it!  I had to make some too...that very day!  So I pulled out my trusty recipe (that I've put together from a few different recipes) and before long, my house was smelling divine with the aroma of baking muffins!


These may not look as tasty as your "normal" muffins, as they are gluten free....but to my taste buds, they are just delish!  I use a regular recipe and just substitute in gluten free flour.

Lillia Paige approves!  She's saying "cheeeese" in this picture

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 eggs
1/2 c milk
1/4 c oil 
1c pumpkin puree
1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips (depending on your taste)

Mix dry ingredients in large bowl, including chocolate chips
Mix wet ingredients separately
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes
ENJOY!  :)

And just when you thought I was done....I went and made Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins yesterday!  They are scrumptious as well!




Once again, I use a normal recipe and just substitute gluten free all purpose flour. 

Zucchini Muffins with Mini Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 c oil
1/4 c milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c shredded zucchini
1/4 c mini chocolate chips (I was out, so I used regular)


Mix dry ingredients in large bowl, including chocolate chips
Mix wet ingredients separately
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
ENJOY!  :)

Let me know if you try either of these recipes and what you think of them!  These muffins are quickly disappearing at our house....and Brandon doesn't even eat them!


No comments:

Post a Comment